Sunday, 1 July 2012
You may have been working on your abdominal muscles for quite a while now but you are not getting the results you want. This means that you are doing something wrong or you are not doing enough. You may feel like you are eating a good diet and doing the right lower ab workout routines, but there is still something wrong in the picture.
If you are doing spot reduction then you are definitely doing it wrong. Spot reduction is not possible when working out your ab muscles because lower ab workout exercises does not burn fat, they only shape and develop the abs. To be able to trim down the excess fat you have, you will need to reply on your dieting and cardiovascular exercises. Once you get the excess fats away, then that's the perfect time to start working on your ab muscles.
In order to help you with your lower ab workout routines, here are the best abdominal exercises you can do: The first is called leg lifts. You lie down on the floor flat on your back and put your hands under your buttocks. Lift both your legs up vertically with your toes pointing at the upward direction. Start bringing both your legs down until the heel of your feet closely touches the ground. Hold your position for a few seconds and then lift both your legs up to the starting position.
The next lower ab workout is called reverse crunches. You also lie down on your back with both your hands placed under your buttocks. Then lift your legs and bend your knees. Bring your knees close to your chest. Contract your ab muscles and then bring your knees close to the ground until the heel of your foot closely touches the floor. Hold your position for a few seconds and bring your knees back to your chest. It will be a big help to crunch your abs in the process.
And the last lower ab workout is called alternate leg walks. Start by lying flat on the floor and putting your hands behind your buttocks. Lift both your legs up with your toes pointing upwards. Keep them straight and bring one of your legs down until it is a few inches off the ground. Hold this position for a few seconds and then alternate legs. As you progress with the lower ab workout, you will feel your ab muscles burning.
|Best Waist Trimming Exercises|
In this article I want to share with you some of the best waist trimming exercises that you can do to tone and trim your waistline and get that beautiful firm shape you've always wanted.
All these exercises target and tone the waist. However, none of these will deliver real results unless you also follow a healthy and sensible diet plan to make sure you eat right. So, eat right and do the following exercises to get a toned waist...
1. Standing sideways bend - Stand up straight with your feet slightly apart. Place one hand on your hip and keep the other arm straight and by your side. You may choose to hold a dumbbell in this hand for greater intensity.
To do the exercise, bend sideways to the side of the stretched out arm. Don't tilt or move your hips and keep your neck and head in a straight line to your torso. Feel the stimulation in your waist and rise back to the starting position.
2. Russian Twist - This exercise requires a stability ball to perform. You lie back on the stability ball but keep both feet planted on the ground slightly apart from each other. Stretch out your arms directly in front of you straight above your chest. To do the exercise, twist your upper body to the side (without lifting your feet from the floor) until the side of your body is touching the ball and you're facing directly to the side. Do this movement slowly to keep your stability on the ball.
The Russian Twist is one of the best waist trimming exercises there is but it's also one of the most challenging ones. This is an exercise that may take some practice on your part to perfect, so be aware of it.
3. Windshield wipers exercise - To do this exercise you need to lie on the floor or on a mat. Keep your upper body fully on the ground and lift both legs straight in the air. Place your hands by the sides of your body with your palms flat on the floor to provide support and stability. Let both legs fall directly to one side and halt their movement before they touch the floor. Use your waist muscles to control your legs and bring them back to the starting position.
Do these 3 waist toning exercises and you will get excellent results.
Saturday, 30 June 2012
Almost everyone wants to look and feel good about themselves and that is fully possible to achieve when doing the right stomach exercises. For many, losing weight and looking their best can be something that is rather difficult to achieve. With the plethora of diet pills available, many people try their hardest to lose the weight that they need to lose.
Unfortunately, many people also suffer from horrible side effects from these diet pills that they take. The other problem is when a person loses weight and still looks heavy because of excess skin on their body. That's where stomach exercises come into play and that is why so many people use different methods to tone the muscles in this particular area.
When looking for the very best stomach exercises, there are many out there that can be used. Doing sit-ups has long been thought to do a wonderful job at toning the abs. However, some people feel that this exercise causes unnecessary strain on the back and may, in fact, contract muscles in that area, causing them to look bigger and make the stomach appear larger. That's why it's a good idea to suck your stomach in, or tighten the stomach, before doing a sit-up. By toning your stomach muscles like this, you can be sure that the muscles in the back will not contract at all.
There are also exercise machines available that promise to work the ab muscles and tone the stomach. Some people have good experiences with these machines, while others cannot afford to make the investment or they just did not like the results they got from using such equipment. It's up to you which method you want to use in order to lose weight and tone up the muscles in the area. However, it's a good idea to keep these machines in mind when you are initially trying to find what method works the best for you.
There are many different exercises you could try. You want to make sure that you use an exercise that doesn't put too much strain on your back, which will allow you to work out for a longer period of time. You also don't have to always be sitting or laying down to tone the abs. Many people do exercises standing up by lifting one knee at a time and bringing it up to their chest.
No matter which type of exercise you choose, there is just nothing like feeling good and looking your best. Whether you want to maintain your current weight and look or you just want to tone everything up, it's easy to do with the right exercises and equipment.
Friday, 29 June 2012
In this article I want to present you with 3 of the best waist trimming aerobic workouts I know. I hope these will help you to trim and tone your waistline and look and feel better. Do these often to achieve the best results possible.
The purpose of each of these aerobic workouts is to burn off as much body fat as possible. This will also eliminate some of the fat around your waistline and give you that toned look you're seeking.
Here are the 3 workouts:
1. Swimming - I love swimming as it's an excellent aerobic workout that also has a lot of strength elements thrown into it. It works your entire body and helps to tone and build lean muscle tissue as well as burn lots of calories. Swimming is also a low impact sport so it's a great waist trimming workout for you to do.
2. Kickboxing - I happen to love kickboxing classes and other martial arts courses (at least those where I don't get beat up too much). What I love about kickboxing is that this is the type of aerobic workout that will challenge your body even if you're already fit. You may run 6 miles each day but this strains your body in a totally different way and helps to burn lots of fat and reduce inches off your waist.
Kickboxing is also a social activity so you're actually motivated to workout harder until you reach the kind of body that you want most of all.
3. The third aerobic waist trimming exercise that I want you to do is running. The reason why I recommend running is that it's a high intensity workout that really pushes your body into faster fat burning. Try to run at various speeds on each workout and include an up hill running segment during your workout. It will create a more intensive experience for you.
One workout which I don't highly recommend is the elliptical machine. For the most part, this is a low intensity workout and although it does have merit (as it's lower on impact than running), it won't burn nearly as much calories as other aerobic workouts, so you want get quite as fast results with it as you may achieve with other options.
Also, remember that without following a healthy diet, you will not be able to trim your waist regardless of how much you workout.
Thursday, 28 June 2012
|Medicine Balls To Help Tone Waist|
Everyone wants to lose some fat from around their waist. It's a trouble spot for men and women both, and the smaller it gets, the better clothes sit on you, not to mention that having too much waist fat can signal health risks.
One of the way to reduce waist size is to use specific and targeted waist toning exercises. In this article I'll describe 3 of them for your benefit.
Exercise #1 - Medicine Ball sidways Twist
To do this exercise you need a to have medicine ball. You sit on the floor or mat or stand and hold the medicine ball straight in front of you with both hands. Now, you twist your torso to one side while holding the ball with outstretched hands in front of you (the ball is always straight in front of your eyes even when you twist). You do a few reps of this exercise for both sides of the waist.
Note: You can do a combined killer exercise by doing a lunge and then twisting with a medicine ball, one leg and a twist to one side after the other. This burns a lot of fat.
Exercise #2 - Sideways Torso Bends
You begin this exercise by standing with both feet slightly apart and one hand holding the side of your waist. Now, you gradually bend your torso to the side with your free arm showing the way by going over your head. Make sure not to sway your hips or raise your feet from the floor. Do this for both sides and repeat several times.
Exercise #3 - Sideways crunch
This exercise starts like a regular sit up, but instead of going straight up, you raise your body to one side, lower yourself down slowly, and they raise yourself towards the other side. This works the oblique abs muscles which are related to the appearance of the waist.
By doing these 3 exercises for a smaller waist, you will lose inches from around your waist and look much fitter.